- Member of the Board of Directors of the American Society of Breast Surgeons 2009 – 2012
- President of the National Consortium of Breast Centers from 2002-2005 and Board Member 1998-2014.
- Member of the National Breast Ultrasound Faculty of the American College of Surgeons 2002 to present
- Chair of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (www.NAPBC-breast.org), administered by the American College of Surgeons. 2010 – 2014.
- Member of the Quality Committee of the American Society of Breast Surgeons 2005-2011
- Pioneering research on cryoablation (freeze treatment) for benign and malignant breast tumors.
- Founding member of the Quality Initiative of the National Consortium of Breast Centers.
- Surgical Lecturer for ongoing educational series by Laszlo Tabar, M.D., from 1991 – 2004.
Dr. Kaufman receiving the 2016 Inspiration Award from the
National Consortium of Breast Centers at their 26th Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. This award is given to the person who inspires other breast care workers to perform their best. The awardee sets an example for others, they go above and beyond what is typically expected of that specialist. Dr. Kaufman feels honored to be awarded this crystal award. Presenting the award is Barbara Rabinowitz, PhD, the founder of then National Consortium of Breast Centers.